- Garbage & Recycling Services
- Special Waste Management Service Fees / Pick-Ups
Special Waste Management Service Fees / Pick-Ups
Special Waste Management Service Fees
As part of the Village's waste-hauling contract, Waste Management will pick-up one bulk item per week at no charge. More than one item requires a special pick-up. A bulk item is considered a furniture item. Please call Waste Management to arrange for a special pick-up at 1-800-796-9696. Building debris and a one-time yard waste pick-up require a special pick-up and charges are as follows:
- Building debris - Per cubic yard: $12.50
- Yard waste - Special one time pick-up (six items): $10
The following are the established fees set for special resident service pick-ups for more than one bulk item.
- Chair: $20
- Couch: $25
- Desk: $25
- Dresser: $20
- King / queen mattress: $15
- Twin / full mattress: $10
- Sofa bed: $30
- Table: $15
The appliances listed below may be picked up by Waste Management upon scheduling a special pick up by calling 1-800-796-9696. Below are the permitted appliances and established fees:
- Water Heater (up to 40 gallons): $25
- Water Heater (over 40 gallons): $40
- Furnace: $35
- Water Softener (up to 30 gallons, 2 parts): $30
- Water Softener (over 30 gallons, 2 parts): $40
In cooperation with Waste Management, the Village offers residents a number of special garbage and yard waste pick-up opportunities on an annual basis. The opportunities include the following: Spring Yard Waste Clean-Up Week and Holiday Tree Recycling.
2023 Holiday Tree Recycling dates:
- Friday, January 6 (delayed due to WM holiday observance)
- Thursday, January 12
- Thursday, January 19
- Thursday, January 26
Trees should be placed un-bagged at the curb or edge of street the night before the service day. Tinsel and garlands must be removed. Trees greater than six (6) feet in height must be cut in half prior to being set out for pickup. Waste Management will not pickup trees in plastic bags.
Please call the Request for Service System for more information at 847-223-8515 or submit a request online.