At this time, the Village of Grayslake is hopeful that the Esper A. Petersen Foundation Family Aquatic Center will be open for the 2021 season. Under the current Restore Illinois Phase 4 guidelines, swimming facilities can open at 50% capacity, which means that we can have 500 guests at our facility. Village and Aquatic Center staff will follow all health guidelines from the local, state and federal level to ensure a safe and fun experience for all of our guests. Some of these protocols may include:
- Separation between chairs to ensure social distancing (there may be a reduced # of chairs on the pool deck)
- Slides will have distance markers when waiting in line
- Masks must be worn at the Admissions/Concessions stands, sand play area, and the locker rooms
- Staff will monitor attendance to stay within capacity allowance (currently at 50%)
- Temperature checks when entering the facility
- Regular cleaning of equipment and facility
The goal of the Village of Grayslake and aquatic center team is to ensure an experience that is as safe and fun as possible for all of our guests. If we remain at Phase 4, our intention is to open on Memorial Day weekend. We will continue to monitor the changing protocols and recommendations from the health department, and look forward to helping make this summer one to remember for all of our guests.
As a reminder, memberships are on sale now, and you can still get them for a discounted price ($15 off)! Visit www.swimgrayslake.com or call 847-223-7665 to get yours today at this amazing price!