Job Description: Museum Assistant II, Grayslake Heritage Center & Museum
Status: Part-time, hourly
Pay Grade: $12-15/hour
Overview: Working under the general direction of the Grayslake Heritage Center & Museum Director, the Museum Assistant will assist with marketing, museum rentals, and administrative duties as well as exhibitions, programs, and fundraising. The Museum Assistant will have an opportunity to interact with stakeholders, volunteers, and the public.
Responsibilities: In assisting the Executive Director, the Museum Assistant will be responsible for:
- assisting with design and installation of exhibitions
- assisting with research and development for programs and exhibitions
- enhancing and managing the museum’s website
- assist with marketing, including creative printed and digital materials, social media
- assist with day-to-day operations
- providing managerial support in the absence of the Executive Director
- performs tasks that will require walking, bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, climbing, reaching, and sitting. Performs lifting tasks up to 50 pounds.
- other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated people skills. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- An interest in history, museums, and community engagement.
- Demonstrated effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Adobe suite a plus.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent. Coursework in history, writing, marketing, graphic design, and/or museum studies highly preferred.
Work Schedule: The Museum Assistant will work approximately 15 hours per week at the Heritage Center, dependent on project and institutional needs. Flexible work schedule with evening/weekend work required.
Accountability: The Museum Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and a Village of Grayslake application to Michelle Poe, Executive Director, Grayslake Heritage Center & Museum at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closed when filled.